National Lash Day
National Lash Day on February 19th each year promotes the love and need for true and false eyelashes. The day offers an opportunity to explore the benefits and fashion of lashes.
Eyelashes are a staple item to every makeup look and beauty enthusiast. Lashes have always been known to make your eyes pop and stand out from the crowd. As important as how they make us look, they also help keep dirt or substances from entering the eye and aid in preventing infections. Another important benefit eyelashes provide is preventing eye moisture from evaporating. Lashes shade our eyes in a variety of lengths and colors, too. Needless to say, eyelashes are a true necessity for every person at any age.
National Lash Day History
House of Lashes submitted National Lash Day in 2015 to celebrate the beauty and functionality of lashes. The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed the day to be observed on February 19th, annually.
At House of Lashes, we believe in an Eco-Chic green environment and pledge to keep our products animal cruelty-free. In this way, we manufacture all of our lash boxes out of recyclable packaging and our lashes are hand-crafted using 100% sterilized premium human hair and cruelty-free synthetic fibers. Our inspirations are derived by remarkably creative and diverse communities and have a passion to serve individuals to make them look and feel beautiful. We strive to become the top pioneering eyelash brand around the globe as we pride ourselves on premium quality products and continue to provide excellent customer service. “HOL” is founded by the beauty and fashion experts who spent four years researching lashes from all over the world narrowing down the top ten most flattering styles for every eye shape. At House of Lashes, we believe lashes make everything better and stand behind the mantra ‘Quality is Queen.’
Fun Facts About Eyelashes
Although eyelashes are not something that most people would think are a very interesting part of a person’s face, they actually are quite fascinating. We know because we spent a considerable amount of time researching eyelashes in all of their glory. And we took some of the most fascinating facts we could find about eyelashes and collected them all together in the following list.
- Babies start growing eyelashes before they’re born.
- Eyelashes grown in three stages: the anagen, the catagen, and the telogen stages.
- Only mammals have eyelashes.
- Eyelashes serve the purpose of protecting our eyes against dirt, germs, and foreign objects.
- Eyelashes are 97% keratin and 3% water.
- Eyelashes have been styled for at least 4,000 years.
- The ancient Egyptians used to use Kohl (crushed stibnite) for styling their eyelashes.
- Tiny mites live on everyone’s eyelashes. They’re called Demodex and they help to keep the lashes clean.
- Eyelashes tend to thin as a person gets older.
- Eyelash curlers can fracture eyelashes.
- The longest eyelashes ever measured are 4-inches. They were grown by a woman in China.
- The average eyelash length is 10mm or about 0.39th of an inch.
- Eyelashes fall out and are replenished by the body every 150-days on average.
- Eating salmon, eggs, almonds, walnuts, beans, and avocados can help with eyelash health.